Well, what a brilliant round of footy, with plenty to take away for all you Dream Team nuts! We here at Dreamteamers thought we’d treat you with our ‘Team of the Week’ a squad which we feel have been the best performers of Round 8.
Now whilst you won’t necessarily agree with every decision, (and yes, feel free to tear us apart in the comments section below) these are the guys that would have been great for your squad in one way or another.
It’s not the highest possible scoring side (although it’s pretty close) but a side that takes into consideration, price, performance and form to give you an overall guide. And whilst I wouldn’t be getting some of these guys in my squad after one flukey game – it would have been really nice to have them in there this week!
So, here it is… Our Round 8 ‘Team of the Week’.
1. Brett Stewart – 55 ($153,800) – Not a bad effort for his first game back, looked threatening all night with 7 tackle busts and could have easily had another two tries to add to that total.
2. Jarryd Hayne - 84 ($309,000) – Many questioned Hayne’s ability to score consistently from the back in 2012, but since his return from injury the NSW hopeful has scored +50 in 4 straight games. Hayne ticked almost every category in his 84 point total including 39 points worth of tackle breaks.
3. Greg Inglis – 65 ($230,100) – Still impressing at the back, Inglis had 8 tackle busts and 180m in another great performance. However, Origin is coming up, stay clear for now.
4. Will Chambers – 71 ($170,400) – The surprise packet of the round, running in 3 tries. Whilst he won’t score 71 every week, he does play for the Storm – it won’t be the last time he puts up a big total this season.
5. Ashley Graham – 62 ($196,200) – Not a guy I’d have in my squad with two tries inflating his score this week – still credit where credit is due, great round.
6. Corey Norman - 64 ($245,400) – What else can you say about this guy? He’s well priced and has scored over 60 in his last three games. Did you pick him up when he was just $171,800?
7. Kris Keating - 61 ($195,300) – He’d scored 32 in every game he’d played this season, so 61 is a mighty big increase. He made 23 tackles as a half, which is DT gold at his low price.
8. James Tamou - 63 ($272,800) – The form DT prop at the moment made 36 tackles and 170m to go with 5 tackle busts and an offload – Brilliant.
9. James Segeyaro – 73 ($168,900) – He finally got some decent minutes and BAM results! Segeyaro scored just 15 in Round 7, but with 59 minutes playing time this week, he scored a try and made 31 tackles.
10. James Graham – 53 ($232,500) – He’s dropped $16,600 so far and now’s the time to get on the Englishman. He’s not the cheapest prop out there, but he’s consistent and an absolute workhorse.
11. Kevin Proctor – 70 ($227,500) – 39 tackles and 5 tackle busts, Proctor has had two blinders in the last three weeks – get him on your radar.
12. David Taylor – 80 ($247,700) – The big fella has pulled his finger out the last two weeks with monster performances we know he’s capable of. 30 tackles, 3 line breaks, 160 metres and a try, WOW.
13. Alex Glenn – 66 ($213,400) – Scored two tries which inflated his score, but deserved a starting spot with a 66 at his price tag.
14. Zeb Taia – 72 ($231,100) – Owners who held onto Taia would have been very pleased with his second +60 performance. Taia made 29 tackles, scored a try and made two line breaks against the Panthers – the only thing holding me back on him, is consistency.
15. Matt Srama – 62 ($230,900) – Has been playing 80 minutes, and made 55 tackles against the Broncos. He’s also a lot cheaper than the elite hookers in the competition.
16. Neville Costigan – 56 ($154,600) – 29 tackles, a try and three tackle busts showed Neville has still got plenty in the tank. He’s a cheap prop with second row eligibility – great value if he keeps it up.
17. Adam Reynolds – 53 ($209,600) – I’m assuming you have this guy in your side.. He kicks goals, makes tackles, and does his share of kicking as well. Has to be close to buy of the year so far.
18th man. Cameron Ciraldo – 61 ($194,900) – Anyone who’s read my stories would know of the man crush I’ve had on this guy since Round 1. Couldn’t quite get him in my starting line-up, but he’s great value and scoring consistently.
Starting 17 Score: 1110
Starting 17 Price: $3,682,100
Player of the week - Hard to split between Jarryd Hayne and Dave Taylor, but I’ll give it to Hayne for his all-round performance.
STAT LINE – 1 Try, 3 Line Breaks, 1 Line Break Assist, 1 Try Assist, 152m, 13 Tackle Busts and 149 Kick Metres.
Well, that wraps it up, did we get it right? What would your ‘Team of the Week’ look like?