The Postman’s Mail: So Dave Taylor is playing for the Rabbitohs and get this – Queensland think Ben Te’o is a better option!
Ah Big Mal – ever the comedian.
Downside for Dave Taylor is Queensland are serious, upside for South Sydney and DT owners is – Taylor will take his frustration out on the Panthers. Also Matt Bowen is now playing for North Queensland after Dane Nielsen was chosen ahead of him for Game 3. Trent Merrin is the only NSW player to be culled as of yet and I’ve got more on Merrin here.
Chairman Un has been exiled after his uneducated and ill-informed Tony Williams information last Friday, and it is time for some Late Mail you can actually rely on DreamTeamers.
And you know you can trust me because The Postman’s mail is rarely on time or indeed accurate – or is it?
THE POSTMAN’S LATEST OF LATE MAIL FOR ROUND 17
Remember six teams have the bye – Bulldogs, Titans, Tigers, Roosters, Storm, Sea Eagles.
Broncos v Sharks
- The Broncos are unlikely to play two bench hookers in Ben Hunt and Kurt Baptiste so expect just Hunt to play. Otherwise the Broncos are fine. Sam Tagataese didn’t make the trip whilst Jon Green is expected to drop off the bench.
Eels v Knights
- Matt Keating has recovered from a head knock and will play, while Reni Maitua is set to replace Taniela Lasalo on the Parramatta bench. The Knights will take Chris Adams and Kevin Naiqama to Sydney and make a final decision on their 17 on gameday.
Warriors v Cowboys
- The Warriors will leave Steve Rapira out and don’t be surprised if Micheal Luck starts for Lewis Brown in the second row. Matt Bowen will play after being released by the QLD team and he bolsters the Cowboys big time. Expect Mosese Pangai to miss out on the bench with Anthony Mitchell’s arrival also putting Cory Paterson under pressure to hold his spot in the 17.
Rabbitohs v Panthers
- Dave Taylor is now playing after being dropped by QLD in favour of – this is hilarious – Ben Te’o! Great news for the Bunnies and George Burgess is set to miss out. Sam Burgess probably won’t be risked yet, but expect him back in a fortnight (or this week… given you’ll likely be short in DT land – play him anyway!). However, NFI strongly believes he will make a return this weekend! The Panthers might have Luke Walsh and possibly Travis Burns for this weekend, meaning either/both Blake Austin or Harry Siejka would go to the bench if he does. Danny Galea and Mitch Achurch should beat Arana Taumata for the final two bench spots. Michael Gordon and Josh Mansour are close to returns but may be held back til after the bye next weekend – STOP PRESS – Gordon is either on his way to the Sharks right NOW or playing for the Panthers on Sunday. At least that’s what his twitter account implies.
Raiders v Dragons
- Trent Merrin will join the Dragons for MNF after being punted by NSW and Beau Scott or Ben Creagh could join him – if two of the three play then curse or no curse, the Dragons will firm considerably. Matt Cooper should also return for the Dragons. Canberra will likely leave Sandor Earl out for at least another week but Shaun Berrigan could come back for Matt McIlwrick and Mark Nicholls is on standby for Joe Picker and Bronson Harrison. That is if Joel Thompson’s hand is ok to play – and he wants to play regardless of how sore it is.
Got any even Later Late Mail to share with the DreamTeamers commune? Don’t be selfish, we haven’t been.